In the parish of Hook with Warsash, St. Mary’s church is such a beautiful and peaceful space for you to enjoy at the edge of a nature reserve. It is open every day and you are invited to pop in to enjoy the peace, sign the visitors’ book, leave a prayer request or memory, or help yourself to the information about the community, church and Christian faith. Follow this hyperlink to see inside the Church. Many thanks to Steve Wooding who produced this. Further information about access to the Church and Church Hall can be found here.
A GROWING CHURCH
At the mouth of the River Hamble and serving the communities of Hook and Warsash, parts of Locks Heath and Park Gate, St. Mary’s is a growing and dynamic Christian community. As disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ we look forward to growing in faith through worship, prayer and learning together, and sharing our faith and God’s love through service and mission in our community. You are very welcome to come along to our regular worship on a Sunday which is at 8:00am, 10:00am or 6:30pm. We also worship regularly every Thursday morning at 11.00am.
Whether you are new to our community, have a specific enquiry or are just browsing on our site, we hope that you’ll find all you need in getting to know us and seeing how we seek to grow closer to God. Click here to find out about our exciting new church growth course.
Join us at Messy Church when up to 70 children and 50 adults enjoy our informal church with crafts, songs, puppets, food – plenty of opportunity to have fun and make a mess! Click Messy Church for more information and for dates of the next sessions.
STAY & PLAY
A friendly parent and toddler group every Thursday during term time in the Church Hall from 1.30pm until 3.30pm. Just turn up!
USE OF PHOTOGRAPHY
The use of photography on the church website and printed material is important. We want to celebrate the life of the church. To do that well, we want to use photographs and other visuals as necessary. Therefore we will:-
- use good quality photographs that we believe are clear, uncluttered, and of interest
- always use the latest Diocese of Portsmouth Consent Form to gain the consent of a Parent or Guardian for us to take a photo of a child or young person.
- as far as we can be aware, not put anyone at risk by publishing their photograph
- not identify anyone by their name unless we have their explicit consent
- respect people’s wishes concerning their image being used in church publicity
- if anyone tells us they do not wish to have their image on the church website, we will remove them from any photos on the website (either by editing the image or removing it completely) as soon as possible and will not include them on any future photos
The Church Office is open each morning during the week and welcomes enquiries between 10.00am-12noon.
Drop in, phone 01489 570846 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Postal Address for the church is:-
St. Mary’s Church Office, Church Hall, 109 Church Road, Warsash, Southampton SO31 9GF
Last Updated – March 2018